OCS Consulting is currently recruiting for a permanent Applications Support Analyst to work in Switzerland or London. The successful Application Support Analyst will be providing reactive and proactive support to incidents and problems along with problem management and problem tracking ownership. Key accountabilities for Application Support Analyst:
- Responsible for the stability an availability of all Legacy and Oracle based applications within production, non-production and DR
- Application Server and Support including timely identification, resolution of incidents adhering to agreed SLAs; support intra-day/overnight batch jobs and data feeds; assist DBA/Apps teams with loads/refreshes/releases etc; improve end-to-end processes; perform routine tasks such as manual feeds/data loads; participate in acceptance testing and deployment of new applications/releases; develop an knowledge base
- Establish and monitor effective processes and procedures for managing the production and non-production application environments including maintenance tasks, incident and problem management, backup and restore, patch management, access controls/security.
Key Technical skills for Application Support Analyst:
- Database support – SQL query, performance monitoring tools preferably in an Oracle environment
- Solid understanding of MS Server OS (2003/2007)
- Knowledge of web services
- Knowledge of SQL and stored procedures
- Experience of supporting software systems based on J2EE or VB
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure/desktop/Servers
Essential for successful Application Support Analyst:
- Experience of working in a fast paced IT Support environment
- Flexibility – understanding the business critical nature of the role
- Ability to communicate at all levels with strong written documentation skills
- Initiative, self-starter, can-do attitude, structured and works well within a team environment.
In return OCS Consulting can offer:
- a competitive and flexible benefits package
- career development and career based training
- cross training into additional technologies
- dynamic working environment
- varied project work within a broad customer base.
For further information please email CV to email@example.com